The position - Business Development Manager
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and experienced Business Development Manager to drive growth by developing plans that win new orders and increasing martker share.
In this role you will be evangelising a market-leading product - understanding the customer’s problems, the needs of each of the stakeholders and presenting the benefits of our solution.
In this role you will be given the autonomy to build your own strategy for success in your region and the freedom to execute it.
A background in and enthusiasm for technology and technology sales is important. Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
We are Navtech Radar, we are a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Your new role will sit within our security segment and promote our Advance Guard Product which provides our customers with automatic continuous surveillance both inside and outside their perimeters. Combining high-definition radar and intelligent, rules-based software, our solution has been designed for complex, active sites where legitimate and illegitimate activity may occur together, including airfields and large storage areas.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in the picturesque village of Ardington, South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Create, develop and execute the strategy & growth plan for the European region
- Set and execute objectives to achieve company growth targets and ensure progress is mapped and measured against these objectives
- Provide voice-of-market insight to drive new product development and enhancements
- Identify, recruit and nurture a network of channel partners, consultants, end-customers and integrators.
- Identify events at which Navtech should participate to build awareness of our technology and commercial opportunities.
- Organise and execute demonstrations with customer, partners and system intergrators.
- Create CPD training courses and deliver to relevant targeted audiences.
- Maintain and analyse your pipeline
- Solutions Adoption: Drive adoption of the Navtech solution into targeted areas – making AdvanceGuard the default solution in all European market including airports, CNI etc.
knowledge and experience
- You must be technically minded with a background in technology led sales roles
- Experience in customer focused roles.
- Proven track record of technical Business to Business sales
- Experience selling and working with customers outside the UK.
- Experience in the security industry
- Tenacious with the drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Able to manage and prioritise your own workload with the ability to multitask and stay calm
- Integrity & professionalism
- Diligent with high standards
- Excellent communicator – both written and orally
- Able to successfully build partnerships & manage conflict
- Team player
- Takes initiative
- Problem solver
- Customer focused