The position - sales engineer
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and experienced Sales Engineer to play a vital role in driving technical sales and ensuring the successful adoption of our solutions. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise to customer, partners and internal teams to support the sales process.
A background in and enthusiasm for technology and technology sales is important. Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
We are Navtech Radar, we are a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Your new role will sit within our security segment and promote our Advance Guard Product which provides our customers with automatic continuous surveillance both inside and outside their perimeters. Combining high-definition radar and intelligent, rules-based software, our solution has been designed for complex, active sites where legitimate and illegitimate activity may occur together, including airfields and large storage areas.
our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in the picturesque village of Ardington, South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Provide in-depth technical knowledge and expertise on Navtech's solutions to assist customers and partners in understanding and evaluating our products.
- Organise and execute technical product demonstrations to showcase the capabilities and benefits of Navtech's solutions to potential clients.
- Work closely with customers to understand their specific needs and tailor Navtech's solutions to meet their requirements.
- Train partners, consultants and system integrators on the technical aspects of our products, enabling them to effectively promote and sell Navtech solutions.
- Gather and relay valuable customer feedback and insights to the Product Manager, contributing to product enhancements and new development.
- Presenting Navtech's technology at events and trade shows, highlighting its technical advantages and applications.
- Collaborate with the sales team to ensure that technical questions and challenges are addressed during the sales process.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- You must be technically minded with a background in technology-led sales roles
- Proven track record in technical Business to Business sales
- Ability to work with customers and partners outside the UK
- Experience in the security industry
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Adept at identifying and resolving technical challenges during the sales process
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for effective customer interaction and presentation
- Able to work collaboratively with the sales team and cross-functional teams
- A commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction by addressing their technical needs
Candidates will need to hold valid right to work in the UK and a UK Driving License. Travel is required for this role - you will be required to travel roughly 25% of the time.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley.
Other benefits include a generous profit share bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme