The position - Trainee Accountant (in South Oxfordshire)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Accountant to join an expanding Finance team within a dynamic, high-tech, and forward-thinking organisation. The role will see you working both individually and as part of a team, with primary responsibility to manage the Sales Ledger. The project-based sales ledger means the role will require understanding the commercials of a project to ensure correct billing, revenue recognition, project forecasting, and project budget management. The position will involve providing support to other Finance functions as needed. The right individual will learn and develop the skills to provide analysis and insights on sales and project profitability is expected. Progression to support the monthly management accounts is also expected. Operating as part of Halma plc there are significant reporting demands, this will require an energetic individual who is used to consistently delivering quality work under pressure. You should be a self-starter, proactive, an eye for opportunities, and the drive to go above and beyond. The applicant can either be an active studier or have intentions to study, study support will be provided. You should have a positive approach to all tasks, looking to further your career in a rapidly growing company.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Management and accurate forecasting of project billing and revenue recognition.
- Complete credit checks on new customers for review.
- Responsible for the credit control of all customer accounts
- Provide analyses on sales and project profitability.
- Respond to customer queries regarding invoicing and work with the sales / project delivery
department to resolve any issues.
- Preparation of debtor reports and bad debt provisions.
- Responsible for posting journals including deferred income and advanced billing.
- Provide necessary support for month-end and year-end.
- Provide support to other Finance functions during busy periods.
- Ad hoc duties.
- Degree in business, finance, science, maths, or other relevant degrees.
- At least 1 year of experience in a finance department desirable.
- Excellent organisation skills, proactive, and eager to learn.
- You will be expected to be proficient with technology and computer literate. Intermediate
level Excel skills.
- Basic Accountancy knowledge.