The position - Technical Support Analyst
Due to recent rapid growth and upcoming major new projects, we are looking for exceptional talent to expand our Customer Support team with additional application support analysts.
As an Application Support Analyst at Navtech Radar, you will be providing front-line technical application support for Navtech Radar’s AdvanceGuard and ClearWay solutions. In this customer facing role, you will be resolving, or managing the resolution of, a wide range of technical and application issues relating to the Navtech’s radars and the AdvanceGuard / ClearWay applications. The customers you will be supporting span the globe and use Navtech Radar’s solutions to address a wide range of business challenges. Regardless of whether that challenge is related to security, transport or industrial automation, for all our customers #safetyiseverything.
It is a demanding and rewarding role that comes with an element of leadership responsibilities and individual accountability. As with all our hires, we are looking to employ someone who has the potential to grow alongside the Company.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Services the role includes but is not limited to:
- Provide timely, thorough, and accurate support responses via help desk tickets, email and phone to issues raised by customers
- Classify support tickets, collect pertinent information, investigate, triage and resolve customer issues.
- Providing prompt and clear communicating with customers
- Maintain a sense of ownership of the issue throughout its lifecycle, even when action is being taken by other teams
- Adhere to agreed documented processes and working agreements with other teams for the resolution of customer issues.
- Achieve agreed team and individual Key Performance Objectives.
- Create and curate FAQs and support documentation for yourself and colleagues.
- Develop knowledge of the different way customers use the Navtech solutions
- Manage the return of customer equipment for repair or scheduled maintenance.
- Develop and maintain sufficient in-depth knowledge of the AdvanceGuard and ClearWay applications, and Navtech’s radars to enable you to quickly resolve customer issues.
- Use a variety of software tools to accomplish support tasks and resolve customer issues.
- Strong leadership skills
- Takes ownership of issues
- Are customer focused
- Will follow established best practice processes
- Ability to make logical conclusions based on observed evidence
- Aptitude for quickly learning new software tools and hardware systems
- Ability to manage customer expectations during the resolution of an issue
- Work effectively across teams for the benefit of the customer
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise confidently with the customer in a high-pressure environment
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to plan own work in conjunction with team members and customers
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees. There are options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a customer facing role supporting complex business solutions, ideally those that involve an element of hardware
- BSc Degree or equivalent experience that required technical analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working within a Microsoft environment (Windows, Office, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of standard of IT skills, IP networks, network equipment operation, Windows and/or Linux operating system and typical command line diagnostic tools such as SSH, telnet and trace route
- Experience of working with helpdesk support systems to the management of customer issues.
- Right to work within the UK
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a
bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.