The position - technical project manager (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions, with innovation and customer focus at its core. A growing company with unrivalled levels of knowledge and experience, and an unquenchable passion to innovate, Navtech is looking for exceptional talent to expand its team.
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and experienced Technical Project Manager to support the company through ongoing growth. Reporting to the Highways Team Leader you will be responsible project managing all scheduled projects within the department.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
We are hiring a talented Technical Project Manager professional to join our team within the Highways department. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Navtech is a great place to grow your career in a successful business. Our company culture is informal, with a friendly atmosphere. Our staff are ambitious and dedicated with a positive can-do attitude that goes way beyond the basic job requirements to get the job done.
- Analyse, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of engineering & technical personnel while ensuring team are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular engineering/technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for team members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Recruit, train and retain exceptional employees to fulfil posted positions within the engineering delivery department
- Update and maintain technical project methodologies to deliver high quality installation, commissioning and system optimisation outcomes
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent in engineering/technology department
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department team
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Project Management or related technical field (Computer Science/Engineering) required
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition preferred