The position - Sustaining Engineer (in South Oxfordshire)
We are looking for a quick-thinking, methodical, Electronics biased Sustaining Engineer, to join an expanding Production Engineering team within a dynamic, high-tech and forward-thinking organisation. The ideal candidate will preferably have root knowledge in Electronics, Test and Electro-Mechanical systems. They will be a keen problem solver with a focus on detail.
The applicant will be working closely with the Production team with a primary function of supporting existing and new designs through their manufacturing life cycle. Ensuring a high First Time Pass Yield, managing obsolescence as well as responsibility for iterative designs will be key aspects of this role.
Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided. The role will be based at our offices in Ardington, but you should expect some travel to support PCB production and testing at our suppliers and certification testing at third party test houses.
- Become a product expert in order to support/maintain/improve existing products using good engineering practices and regulatory standards.
- Support driving First Time Pass Yield (FTPY) to hit company targets
- Own the end to end process for Electronic and radar related changes. This is to include problem investigation, troubleshooting, identifying solutions then performing verification and validation across Navtech’s product range during production or with onsite customer issues.
- Provide prompt technical support to production, including support for individual unit failures
- CAD updates including schematic capture, layout of PCBs, prototyping and testing in order to maintain production designs or to improve test capabilities or to reduce costs.
- Obsolescence and second sourcing management. Identify Fit/function equivalents for electronics/radar related parts that become obsolete or where a second source of component is required.
- Design, build and document test jigs for production or subcontract manufacture use. Drive the deployment of test systems to subcontractor and provide support/training.
- Generate or update test/investigation reports and present to wider team.
- R&D support in order to understand new products before handover into production.
- Adhere to company and department processes
- Contribute to continual improvement initiatives within the team
To fit into the environment, you will need to be an energetic individual who is used to consistently delivering quality work under pressure. This is a demanding, yet exciting role in a growing business, in which you can make a very large impact. The role also offers a good scope for personal growth and development.
You must have appropriate technical qualifications, ideally degree level or equivalent experience in Electronics. A strong track record of design and/or testing, from system down to component level, including experience of environmental testing is expected.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world leading innovator and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection. Navtech Radar has harnessed the power of the latest technology for commercial radar applications at a fraction of the cost, and above industry standards.
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, Navtech Radar has earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital. Navtech Radar’s policy for strategic development and expansion has achieved exceptional results and we are now seeking experienced and motivated staff to continue this growth.
Further information: https://navtechradar.com/about/
Our work headquarters
Navtech Radar is based in the picturesque village of Ardington just outside Wantage, Oxfordshire. The office is very close to Didcot which has excellent train links to London. The location is easily commutable from Oxford, Swindon and Newbury.
The office is a modern farm conversion and offers excellent facilities in a beautiful environment with plenty of space, including ample free parking.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech Radar, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We encourage social activities and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley.
Other benefits include a generous profit share bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.