The position - Supply Chain Manager (in South Oxfordshire)
We are looking for a talented Supply Chain Manager to support the company through ongoing growth. This role will develop a supply chain that is able to scale with our growth aspirations. This will include identifying supply chain partners who have the capability to provide product on time in full, to the right quality at the best price. You will be accountable for supply chain strategy, including the stock holding & procurement policies and risk mitigation in the supply chain.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As our Supply Chain Manager you will be accountable for supplier selection, capability assessment, negotiation of expectations and agreements around all aspects of supply including issue resolution. You will manage ongoing supplier performance and drive continuous improvement throughout the supply chain, working close with Quality, R&D and Manufacturing teams to enable a robust, lean and efficient supply base for current and new products. You will be accountable for implementing cost controls across the supply base and identifying and implementing cost reductions in products.
In addition, you will ensure that any component obsolescence is proactively managed and source alternative components where possible to secure supply of parts to manufacturing. You will be accountable for creating, communicating and executing a MRP based procurement plan to keep production flowing.
You will manage shipping into and out of the company within your team. This will involve creation of the necessary shipping documents to ensure smooth transit to destination, any statutory reporting and management of temporary imports to minimise duties.
This is a critical role reporting to the Head of Manufacturing and you will need to have a high level of gravitas.
You need to be able to work at a technical level, have a higher than average level of commercial acumen, and be open-minded to ideas from all sources. Above all you need to be an excellent communicator and negotiator, you will create a sustainable supply chain that enables our manufacturing to scale up in line with our exciting growth plans.
As our Supply Chain manager you will be:
- An energetic, hard-working self-starter, with the personal credibility commensurate with the importance of the role
- An analytical thinker with excellent negotiation skills
- Able to communicate at all levels within the business and at executive levels with suppliers
- Able to problem solve and resolve issues with a win-win approach
- Results focused and have a track record of delivering measurable improvements in a supply chain
- Good at planning, reporting and communication skills
- Able to motivate and run a high performing team
- Able and willing to travel to suppliers as required
- Able to examine and analyse data and use it to make decisions that will positively impact the business
Knowledge and experience
Our Supply Chain manager needs:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent (typically HND or higher) in either an Engineering or Business discipline
- A CIPS qualification would be of benefit
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a supply chain function in a similar role for a company producing electromechanical products
We offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing bonus scheme, and our employees can access discounted rental properties in the village in which our main office is based (Ardington).
Other benefits include plenty of free parking, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.