THE POSITION – STORES & LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Navtech Radar is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Stores & Logistics Coordinator with a specific focus on shipping and logistics to support the company through ongoing growth. This new role within the company will pick, pack, and prepare orders for shipment. The preparation includes the administration function of preparing the appropriate documentation for shipments for local and export markets. Communication with internal customers and colleagues relating to shipments is of paramount importance. The role takes on general warehouse functions when shipping activities are reduced such as receipt incoming deliveries, cycle counts, picking of parts for the production team, stock takes, and stock management. You will play a key part in ensuring the smooth operation of our production facility, ensuring the right stock is available at the right time.
The role will report to our Operations Planning Manager
COMPANY OVERVIEW - Navtech radar
We are a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
our work headquarters
This role will be based in our production facility on the newly developed Grove Business Park.
Our culture, and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Receipt of Goods into the Business:
- Scheduling shipments and logistics, verifying the contents of outgoing shipments.
- Determining methods and costs of shipping and affixing shipping labels with identifying information, charges, and payment information.
- Examining and verifying that outgoing shipments meet specifications and adhere to environmental systems and management procedures.
- Preparing and printing shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs.
- Preparing documents and forms to move goods efficiently through import and export steps and procedures.
- Maintaining all computerised shipping and distribution records and compiling reports for senior management.
- Communicate with Customs Officials.
- Arrange and book shipments with the chosen carrier.
- Ensure a good working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Validation of quantities against pack slips from suppliers, highlighting any discrepancies.
- Movement of stock and putting stock away upon receipt in the correct location.
- Regular stock counting to ensure stock accuracy.
- Picking of stock for production.
- Packing of finished goods ready for shipment to customers.
- Driving material between sites.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Willing to train on Reach Truck for certification.
- Able to work well within a team and independently as required.
- Keen eye for detail.
- IT literate.
- Able to lift/carry up to 15kg independently & regularly.
- Knowledge of transport methods, costs, and benefits.
- Knowledge of Commercial Invoices, Airwaybills and related Shipping Documentation.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following experience:
- Experience as an import/export clerk, Warehouse Operative in export environment or similar role, in a production environment.
In order to be considered for this role you must hold a valid UK driving license as you will be responsible for driving the company van between sites (Grove and Ardington).