The position - Store Person
We are looking for someone to join our growing production team at an exciting time in our organisation’s history.
Due to increasing volumes and a move to a new purpose-built facility, we are looking to recruit our first dedicated stores person to take ownership of our ‘Goods In’ Process and Stock Control.
The main areas of responsibility for our Store Person will include:
Receipt of Goods into the Business:
- Validation of quantities against pack slips from suppliers, highlighting any discrepancies.
- Receipt of Goods on IT infrastructure.
Inspection of Mechanical Goods against specified criteria on engineering drawings:
- Dimension measurement, quality of finish, etc. as specified
Management of stock:
- Putting stock away upon receipt in the correct location.
- Maintaining stock location accuracy on IT infrastructure and physical labelling of stock.
- Regular stock counting to ensure stock accuracy.
Kitting of stock for production:
- Picking stock from stores and moving it to production for use in the correct quantities.
- Reflecting this stock transaction on our IT system.
- Strong organisational skills
- Pragmatic approach to solving day to day problems and prioritising work associated with their role.
- Strong communicator, able to work well within a production team.
- Keen eye for detail.
- IT literacy.
Other role specific requirements include:
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20kg independently.
- UK driving license.
- Right to work in the UK.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees. There are options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years in a store person, or similar role, in a production environment.
- Experience with ERP systems, ideally Epicor.
- Goods in inspection experience would be a plus.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a
bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 2nd December 2020.