The position - Service Operations - Application Specialist - ClearWay (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is looking for a Service Operations - Application Specialist (ClearWay) to support the company through ongoing growth.
The ClearWay Service Operations Application Specialist will be responsible for the on-going operational maintenance, configuration and optimisation of the ClearWay software application used by our customers in their production deployments across the world. This is a key role in delivering on our “Safety is everything” promise by ensuring that those deployments are “current”, enabling our customers to benefit from the latest advances in our cutting edge, high value, radar based automatic incident detection systems; and that those deployments are operating “optimally” within a changing physical environment.
As an Application Specialist you can also be expected to be involved in other aspects of the Customer Services team such as the resolution of 2nd & 3rd line incidents, as well as validation and verification of new software and hardware; and involvement in the development of new products and features.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
This is an internal and external customer stakeholder-facing role and will require that you establish and manage expectations of those stakeholders.
This will be an office-based role. You will have a passion to solve customers’ problems by the application of technology and strive to obtain system performance which is meeting our customers high expectations. Experience of radar is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
- Planning the implementation of change within an operational system, understanding the risks associated, minimising those risks and developing plans accordingly.
- Implementing changes with operational customer systems, and reporting on the progress of those changes, such as system software setup and optimisation.
- Systems performance analysis, diagnosing problems and proposing and/or implementing rectification action while working within change management controls.
- Supporting colleagues within the Customer Services Team in the resolution of 2nd and 3rd line incidents.
- You will be responsible for the successful configuration and optimisation of the Clearway software application used for our cutting edge, high value, radar based automatic incident detection systems used across the world.
This job description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group / department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as requested from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced Service Desk Team Leader within highly technical environment.
- Experienced Service Operations Professional within highly technical environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL disciplines, especially change management,
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- A passion for Service Improvement
- Support in large-scale and diverse environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer facing / customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisations skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.