The position - Service Desk Team Manager (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is looking for a Service Desk Team Manager to support the company through ongoing growth.
The Service Desk Team Manager is both responsible for managing the Service Desk Team, enabling them to deliver a high quality of service to our end customers and ensuring that Service Support processes are in place to meet the business needs; and responding to incident and service requests that have been submitted by our customers.
As Service Desk Application Analyst, you will be providing front-line technical application support for our AdvanceGuard and ClearWay solutions. In this customer facing role you will be resolving, or managing the resolution of, a wide range of technical and application issues relating to the Navtechs’ designed and manufactured high definition radars; and supporting the AdvanceGuard / ClearWay applications. The customers you will be supporting span the globe and use Navtechs’ solutions to address a wide range of business challenges. Regardless of whether that challenge is related to security, transport or industrial automation, for all our customers #safetyiseverything.
As Service Desk Team Lead, you will be responsible for the supervision of the Service Desk Team and be the first point of escalation for any customer incident. Your duties will include individual and team performance reviews, and the development of individual team members. You will also be expected to provide input into guidelines and procedures to improve the quality of the service provided by the team. On a day-to-day basis you will be expected to manage the team work schedules to ensure that there are always sufficient team members available.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Maintain high performing service support functions
- Owner of the Incident and Request processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required;
- Monitor, control and support Customer Service Desk team; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed;
- Be accountable for the quality of service delivered by the Service Desk Team and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Provide timely, thorough, and accurate support responses to AdvanceGuard and ClearWay incidents that have been reported by customers; and resolutions within contracted SLA’s.
- Providing prompt and clear communicating with customers
- Classify support tickets, collect pertinent information, investigate, triage and resolve customer issues.
Performance and Quality
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on Navtech Customer Services Team performance
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
- Working with the Head of Customer Services and Services Director to develop and maintain customer strategies
- Maintaining customer engagement and managing the Balanced Scorecard process
This job description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group / department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as requested from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced Service Desk Team Leader within highly technical environment.
- ITIL Qualified and expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- A passion for Service Improvement
- Service Support in large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Support in large-scale and diverse environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer facing / customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisations skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a
bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.