THE POSITION – SENIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and experienced Manufacturing Engineer to support the company through ongoing growth. In this role within the company you will provide manufacturing engineering skills to cross functional teams with an emphasis on promoting Design for Manufacturing techniques and ensure successful transitions from design into manufacture and facilitate product handovers from NPI to Operation.
The role will be reporting to the Production Engineering Manager
COMPANY OVERVIEW - Navtech radar
We are a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
our work headquarters
This position will be based within our manufacturing site and is located on the newly developed Grove Business Park.
Our culture, and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Work with R and D to approve electronic components with suppliers during initial build concept
- Create the BOM and routing with agreed assembly times
- Generate and approve cost simulations to confirm product cost
- Organise prototype builds with shop floor personnel and optimise the build sequence
- Sponsor continuous improvement activities such as 5S
- Implement a KANBAN system for manufacturing
- Increase our first-time pass yield
- Conduct training on Process failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Able to work collaboratively across teams and functions
- Hands on in fault finding to component level
- Excellent problem solver
- Comfortable and confident with communicating at all levels of the organisation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years experience gained from manufacturing engineering.
- At least 3 years in a strong Electronic background.
- At least 3 years of hands on fault finding to component level experience
- Knowledge and experience of using problem solving techniques and root cause analysis e.g. DMAIC, 8D, Ishikawa, 5 Why's
- Competent with Microsoft software e.g. Excel, Outlook.
- Green Belt Six Sigma Qualification
- Experience using Epicor system
- Raspberry Pi, Phyton
We are always looking for the right people so, even if you don’t feel that you tick every box, if you feel that the role and the company would be a good fit for you then please get in touch with us.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley.
Other benefits include a generous profit share bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme