Navtech Radar is a world leading innovator and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection. We have harnessed the power of the latest technology for commercial radar applications at a fraction of the cost, and to the most exacting quality and standards.
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, we have earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital.
Our policy for strategic development and expansion has achieved exceptional results and we now seek experienced and motivated staff to continue this growth.
We are based in the picturesque village of Ardington just outside Wantage. We are very close to Didcot which has excellent train links to London. Oxford, Swindon and Newbury are both within a 30 minutes’ drive.
The office is a modern farm conversion and offers excellent facilities in a beautiful environment with plenty of space, including ample free parking.
We are looking for a talented software developer to help us deliver a range of exciting products for our industrial automation customers. You will be joining a rapidly expanding R&D team within a dynamic, high-tech and forward-thinking organisation. You will be supporting and continually developing our commercial applications. Our goal is to take our world class solutions to an unmatched level of sophistication, security and flexibility.
Our team uses a range of development technologies, including the latest web technologies, .NET C# and the newer generation of C++. Our aim is for developers to be able to work with any technology. So through support from the team and training, we will help you develop new skills and enhance existing ones.
Unlike larger companies we can offer you exposure to all our development technologies including a close working relationship with our hardware developers. Any member of our team, regardless of age or experience, is expected to drive change and contribute to the continuous improvement of our products and processes. We have a proud history of engineering excellence, and our strong reputation is based on the quality of our products.
To fit into the environment, you will need to be an energetic individual who is used to consistently delivering quality work under pressure. This is a demanding, yet exciting role in a small business within which you can make a very large impact and where there is plenty of scope for personal growth and development.
You must have an appropriate technical degree or higher with a solid maths background. We are expecting a strong track record of application software development which must include C++ development for Windows or Linux. Experience with any hardware-software integration work will be a significant advantage, but isn’t essential.
- Developing all aspects of the company software products, including, but not limited to, device firmware, our commercial applications and internal production tools.
- Adopting and integrating new technologies and languages as appropriate.
- Contributing to the software and system architecture.
- Managing the day-to-day development tasks and progress of a small team of developers.
- Driving improvement across all the software projects, in coding, best practice and processes.
Required Skills, knowledge and experience
- BSC, BEng in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- At least 3+ years of software development using C++ and related technologies.
- Experience of developing back-end services for on-premises systems.
- Working knowledge of web-based applications including core web UI technology.
- Excellent communicator and must be comfortable working within a high-tech team environment.
- Experience of working within an agile project managed team including continuous integration.
- NET / C# development experience.
- Working knowledge of developing apps and services on Linux.
- Experience of deploying and managing Linux apps and associated packages.
- Experience of developing real-time applications including network communication.
- Experience of working with an agile management tool such as Jira or Azure DevOps.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley.
Other benefits include a bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.