The position - Senior Agile Project Manager - (in South Oxfordshire)
We are looking for an experienced Senior Agile Project Manager, to join an expanding R&D team within a dynamic, high-tech, and forward-thinking organisation. The newly created role will be critical in leading the agile project management of our mixed discipline engineering team. The ideal candidate will have experience of successfully managing the transition into Agile development methodologies. They will be a keen problem solver, guided through agile values, and striving for continuous improvement with the team’s output, evidenced by high-quality reporting.
Experience of radar development is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided. The role will be based at our offices in Ardington, but you should expect some travel to support project activities.
To fit into the environment, you will need to be an energetic individual who is used to consistently delivering quality work under pressure. This is a demanding, yet exciting role in a growth business, in which you can make a significant impact by helping to drive our agile journey throughout the engineering team and beyond. The role also offers a good scope for personal growth and development.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Further information: https://navtechradar.com/about/
Our work headquarters
Navtech Radar is based in the picturesque village of Ardington just outside Wantage, Oxfordshire. The office is very close to Didcot which has excellent train links to London. The location is easily commutable from Oxford, Swindon and Newbury.
The office is a modern farm conversion and offers excellent facilities in a beautiful environment with plenty of space, including ample free parking.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech Radar, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We encourage social activities and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them.
- Management of product engineering projects in agile environment within multidisciplined R&D team
- Drive the team’s agile journey by optimising approach to, structure & delivery of key stakeholder information
- Formation of project teams from team resource pool in conjunction with R&D Team Leaders
- Help drive a cross-functional product team culture and champion the voice of the customer throughout the development process
- Support & influence continuous improvement initiatives within the team
- Lead meeting cadence on a weekly/daily basis including planning/retrospectives and daily stand-ups
- Report on project progress and status including progress to milestones, resourcing, blockers & risks
- Define reporting framework moving forward by way of identifying relevant metrics
- Support the creation of Epics/User Stories/Acceptance Criteria & Backlog ownership and run planning and task allocation sessions
- Ownership of virtual agile planning boards (Jira/Confluence)
- Creation and maintenance of risk registers
- Assist with budget creation and maintenance on a per project basis
- Experience in leading teams through an agile transformation and optimising planning and resourcing within a multi-project parallel development set up
- Stakeholder Management
- Experience with JIRA & Confluence, additional collaboration tools welcome
- Great level of attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent organisational skills
- A thorough and methodological approach to work
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.
Closing date for applications: 2nd July 2021