The Position - Security Sales Execuitve
Navtech Radar is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions, with innovation and customer focus at its core. A growing company with unrivaled levels of knowledge and experience, and an unquenchable passion to innovate, Navtech is looking for exceptional talent to expand its team.
Due to strong growth and ambitious plans, we are looking for a Sales Executive to join the Security team and help us win new customers and projects.
You will be expected to confidently talk to both existing customers and new inquiries in order to develop the business.
You will be evangelising a market-leading product, supported by a talented team of engineers. Your ability to understand the customer’s problems, as well as identify the stake holders and their needs, then present the relevant benefits of our AdvanceGuard solutions is vital.
We require a diligent sales professional with a strong work ethic, positive attitude and a good customer manner. You will relish being a key part of a small, friendly team where you can make an impact, so a willingness to roll up your sleeves and contribute is fundamental.
Travel and working weekends may be required occasionally.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Liaise with and respond promptly to inquiries by both phone and email and get a full understanding of the project and customer requirements
- Follow up leads from shows, website, etc. to qualify and understand customer needs and mapping out the decision makers & influencers
- Adding projects to ERP system and manage ensuring pipeline is regularly updated
- Develop site maps and build ROM costings, estimates and quotes for customers
- Coordinate our response to tender inquiries from System Integrators
- Contact existing partners to ensure that they are aware of Navtech Radar’s solutions and confident in proposing AdvanceGuard for appropriate projects
- Research new projects by following up leads from trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Project Delivery and Sales Admin to plan trade shows including shipping, accommodation, flights and schedule invitations for customer meetings
- Attend and support the Project Delivery & Business Development Manager (BDM) at occasional trade shows & conferences
- Organising & coordinating customer visits to Navtech
- Help the Security department achieve the revenue and profit goals
- A background in and enthusiasm for technology sales is important. Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
- 1-2 years’ experience in technical, business-to-business sales required.
- Education to ‘A’ level. Maths or science desirable.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Good English & clear communication.
- Good mental arithmetic.
- Integrity & professionalism
- Diligent with high standards
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- Takes initiative
- Problem solver
- Enthusiasm to learn.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.