The position - security project engineer (in South Oxfordshire)
Due to recent rapid growth, an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer has arisen to join the Security Project Delivery team. There are two main aspects to the role, the first is working closely with our team of highly qualified and skilled engineers to manage and deliver radar security solutions globally. The second aspect is supporting the Security Sales team in a technical capacity through the bid process, with customer facing meetings and events.
Experience of radar is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided. The role will be based at our offices in Ardington, Oxfordshire but you should expect to spend up to 25% of your time traveling around the world.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Be part of a creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Planning, implementing and reporting on the progress of Security projects(including on site) to meet the project requirements. This includes production of project documentation and reports, planning, system commissioning, system optimisation, configuration, acceptance testing, and customer operations &maintenance training. This is normally performed alongside a systems integration company.
- Monitoring systems performance, diagnosing problems and proposing/implementing rectification action.
- Coordinating problem resolution with engineering, software and customer support.
- Assisting the Product Development Team with field testing of new products
- Assisting the Sales Team In performing customer demonstrations and site surveys
- Liaising with clients to identify project requirements as well as designing technical solutions in accordance to those.
- Working individually or as a team to submit technical sales and/or tender documentation to various project stakeholders in accordance to project requirements and / or tender specifications, policies and procedures.
- Critical thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, high level of integrity and the ability to liaise confidently with the customer in a high-pressure environment.
- Good organisational skills, ability to plan own work in conjunction with team members and customers
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Aptitude for quickly learning new software tools and hardware systems
- Attention to detail and good written communication skills
- Good oral presentation skills
Knowledge and experience
- At least 2 years engineering experience in a project environment and customer facing role highly desirable
- Proven "hands-on" practical experience highly desirable
- Educated to HNC Level or higher in an engineering subject. (Experience can be considered in place of qualifications)
- Good IT skills, Windows, networks, basic trouble shooting.
- Valid British or EU Passport and Current Residence
- Full UK driving licence