The position - Sales Executive (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is looking for a Sales Executive to support the company through ongoing growth. We are looking for a Sales Executive with a technology focused background to continue to drive growth in the Automatic Incident Detection element of the business. This new role within the company will support the Business Development Managers by providing a high level of office based support.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection. Navtech Radar has harnessed the power of the latest technology for commercial radar applications at a fraction of the cost, and above industry standards.
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, Navtech Radar has earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital. Navtech Radar’s policy for strategic development and expansion has achieved exceptional results and we are now seeking experienced and motivated staff to continue this growth.
Further information: https://navtechradar.com/about/
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire. We are within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Liaise with and respond promptly to enquiries by both phone and email and get a full understanding of the project and customer requirements
- Plan and attend webinars, trade shows, and conferences as required. Mapping out the decision makers & influencers. Ensure all enquiries are logged and followed up
- Adding projects to the company’s ERP management system and ensure the business development pipeline is regularly updated
- Develop customer solutions with the assistance of other departments to provide estimates and quotes for customers such as Road Authorities or Integrated System Suppliers
- Coordinate Framework Contract or any bid documentation associated with tender enquiries
- Work with BDMs and Project Delivery engineers to provide Project Initiation Documentation for each tender opportunity
- Work with BDMs and Product Managers to create new business Ideas and coordinate business case submissions
- Coordinate Purchase Order Agreement sign-off and handover to the Project Delivery Department
- Assist the BDM and Contract Manager with commercial contracts
- Organising & coordinating customer visits to Navtech
- Attend customer site meetings as required which may involve overseas travel
- Help the department achieve the revenue and profit goals
- Deputise for BDMs in their absence
- Integrity & professionalism
- Diligent with high standards
- Excellent communicator – comfortable with communication across all functions and levels of the business and with our customers.
- Building partnerships & managing conflict
- Team player – willing to roll you sleeves up and contribute to the team and it’s success
- Takes initiative
- Problem solver
Key skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience of technical business-to-business sales and tender document management, ideally including:
- Experience of Tender Management
- Experience in the Traffic Management Industry
- A strong background in and enthusiasm for technology sales is important
- Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided
Salary will be dependent on candidate and skills.