The position - Sales Executive - Industrial Automation- (Vehicle Applications)
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and driven Sales Executive to grow our presence in the Industrial automation market with a focus on mining and port automation. This role will look to drive sales, develop customer relationships and deliver strategic accounts across the target markets. As with all our hires, we are looking to employ someone who has the potential to grow alongside the company.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in the picturesque village of Ardington, South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them.
Due to recent rapid growth and partnerships in the field of autonomous vehicles, Navtech is looking for an exceptional talent to grow the pipeline and revenue for this segment of the business. Our new radar localisation product Terran360 has huge potential in the autonomous off-highway vehicle market, with a pipeline already filled with significant OEMs trialling the product.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with and respond promptly to enquiries by both phone and email and get a full understanding of the project and customer requirements
- Planning and attending webinars, trade shows, and conferences as required
- Mapping out the decision makers & influencers. Ensure all enquiries are logged and followed up
- Driving the top-line revenue and orders for Terran360 by expanding growth with existing customers, acquiring new customers, and driving upsells by promoting the adoption and use of our products, solutions and services
- Working closely with the Business Development Manager (BDM) and Application Engineers in the sales process from lead to prospect to close
- Helping the Business Development Manager execute the company’s Go-to-Market strategy
- Highlighting our vision and opportunity for potential customers through a combination of ROI and qualitive value propositions
- Helping the department achieve the revenue and profit goals
- Excellence: Motivated to drive for results with attention to details
- Productivity: Achieve results with the ability to focus on priorities and adherence to department objectives
- Passion: Positive approach, strong collaborator and with energy to grow
- Aligned: Ability to follow instructions, processes, policies and utilize internal systems/tools to accelerate results
- Customer Experience: Professional presence with an ability to engage, build and own the customer relationships, internally and externally
- A passionate, innovative learner that gets excited about professional growth and being challenged by new opportunities
- Proactive communicator who facilitates efficient cross-team connection at the earliest opportunity, especially when significant problems surface that require long-term action to correct.
Knowledge and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience of sales and account management
- Executive presence with the ability to represent and present in front of an audience
- A strong team player that is passionate about being a part of a fast-moving and entrepreneurial company
- Flexibility and willingness to work within multiple time zones
- Working in a collaborative cross-functional environment
- Invested and proactive in your professional growth, development, and career path
- Strong skills with CRM solutions such as Salesforce, Epicor
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to be both technical and analytical
- Able to adapt to a fast-changing environment and international cultures
- Languages: fluent English, knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Candidates will need to hold valid right to work in the UK and a UK Driving License. Travel is required for this role - you will be required to travel roughly 25% of the time
- Experience with high-tech solutions in at least one of the following verticals is desirable: aerospace & defence, surveying, autonomous vehicles/robotics, or maritime/subsea
- Relevant technical knowledge is desirable, such as lidar, radar, inertial sensors, GNSS, optical sensors, and robotics with an ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied and comparable sensing products/solutions in the market for tasks such as positioning, perception etc.
- A strong background in and enthusiasm for technology sales is important. Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.
We will be collecting applications for this role until the end of March 2022