The position - Sales Executive - AdvanceGuard
Navtech Radar is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Sales Executive to support the company through ongoing growth. This new role within the company will support our Business Development Managers to grow the business in this key sector.
Our Sales Executive role provide a clear development path to Business Development roles and we will support you to achieve your career goals.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, we have earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital.
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Your New Team
You will join our small Security Sales Team and become immersed in our security product – AdvanceGuard.
Advance Guard delivers continuous automatic perimeter surveillance - from small sites to large complex compounds, AdvanceGuard provides the most comprehensive security surveillance system available. It is ideal for applications such as airports, critical national infrastructure and commercial installations.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in the picturesque village of Ardington, South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them.
- Liaise with and respond promptly to enquiries by both phone and email and get a full understanding of the project and customer requirements
- Plan and attend webinars, trade shows, and conferences as required. Mapping out the decision makers & influencers. Ensure all enquiries are logged and followed up
- Adding projects to the company’s ERP management system and ensure the business development pipeline is regularly updated
- Develop customer solutions with the assistance of other departments to provide estimates and quotes for customers
- Coordinate Framework Contract or any bid documentation associated with tender enquiries
- Work with BDMs and Project Delivery engineers to provide Project Initiation Documentation for each tender opportunity
- Work with BDMs and Product Managers to create new business Ideas and coordinate business case submissions
- Coordinate Purchase Order Agreement sign-off and handover to the Project Delivery Department
- Assist the BDM and Contract Manager with commercial contracts
- Organising & coordinating customer visits to Navtech
- Attend customer site meetings as required which may involve overseas travel
- Integrity & professionalism
- Diligent with high standards
- Excellent communicator
- Building partnerships internally and externally
- Team player
- Takes initiative and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Problem solver
Knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience in a sales role (ideally B2B)
- Candidates will need to hold valid right to work in the UK and a UK Driving License. Travel is required for this role - you will be required to travel roughly 25% of the time
- Experience in a Technical Sales role
- University degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Business Management subject
Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
We are always looking for the right people so, even if you don’t feel that you tick every box, if you feel that the role and the company would be a good fit for you then please get in touch with us.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.