The position - Repair Technician (in South Oxfordshire)
We are looking for a talented and experienced Repair Technician to support us through ongoing growth.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, methodical, Engineer to join the team in a product repair role. if you have have an excellent knowledge of Electro-Mechanical systems, track record in a technical service, repair or Engineering role and you are a keen problem solver then this is the role for you you.
You will be working within the service and repair team in the Production Environment and will communicate regularly with other teams across within the business including Production, Customer Service and R&D.
We want to do the best for our customers so we put a strong emphasis on timely repair of equipment. You will also perform root cause analysis of issues and produce detailed customer facing repair reports. We are always looking to improve and we will want to hear your analysis of faults to support continual product and process improvement.
The role will be report to the Repairs Manager.
Experience of radar is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Our work headquarters
This position will be based within our manufacturing site and is located on the newly developed Grove Business Park.
Our culture and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
This is an exciting role in our growing business, in which you can make a very large impact. The role also offers a good scope for personal growth and development.
In your new role you will be:
- Initially diagnosing incoming radar for repair including standard inspection testing and fault repetition
- Conducting Root cause analysis of fault with categorisation
- Repairing the radar within agreed timescales based on customer service levels
- Testing (incoming, investigative, post repair)
- Maintaining clear investigation documentation with evidence on the ERP system
- Producing customer facing repair reports
- Supporting improvements to the design
- Coordinating and prioritising repairs in conjunction with customer service team
- Able to consistently deliver quality work under pressure with a meticulous approach to quality.
- You must have the ability to communicate and work effectively with people at all levels within the business.
- You should have a technical qualification or equivalent experience in Electronics, Mechanics or Engineering.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including: Word, Excel, Windows
We are always looking for the right people so, even if you don’t feel that you tick every box, if you feel that the role and the company would be a good fit for you then please get in touch with us.
As well as competitive salary we offer a generous bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.