The position - Repair Technician (in South Oxfordshire)
We are looking for someone to join our growing repair team at an exciting time in our organisation’s history. Due to high growth, we have decided to grow our team by recruiting a repair technician to help with fault finding, assessment, service and repair of our products.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
Initial diagnostics of incoming radar for repair including standard inspection testing and fault repetition:
- Repair of radar within agreed timescales based on customer service levels
- Testing (incoming, investigative, post repair)
- Maintaining clear investigation documentation with evidence on the ERP system
- Producing internal repair reports
- Service and maintenance activities
- Able to take initiative and contribute positively without prompting
- Pragmatic approach to solving day to day problems and prioritising work associated with their role
- Strong communicator, able to work well within a production team
- Keen eye for detail
- Highly practical person, skilled technician
- Experience with firmware and hardware fault finding and repair work, particularly with electronic products
Knowledge and Experience
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following experience:
- 2+ years in a repair technician, or similar role, in a production environment
- HNC Electrical Engineering or equivalent or higher
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley. Other benefits include a bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.