The position - Quality Inspector (in South Oxfordshire)
We are looking for someone to join our growing production team at an exciting time in our organisation’s history. Due to high growth, we have decided to expand our production team by recruiting a quality inspector.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Further information: https://navtechradar.com/about/
Our work headquarters
Navtech Radar is based in the picturesque village of Ardington just outside Wantage, Oxfordshire. The office is very close to Didcot which has excellent train links to London. The location is easily commutable from Oxford, Swindon and Newbury.
The office is a modern farm conversion and offers excellent facilities in a beautiful environment with plenty of space, including ample free parking.
Our Production site is based in Grove Business Park, in Grove South Oxfordshire, a 7 minute drive from the main offices.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We have a strong focus on career development and learning new skills. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Mechanical Component ‘Goods-In’ Inspection against the drawing and criteria laid out by our Quality Engineer
- Mechanical sub-assembly inspection to ensure the build quality meets the required standard and there are no clear inconsistencies in the assembly process
- Supplier quality performance measurement, % first time pass of components against quality criteria
- Non-conformance reports for assemblies and discrepant material reports for components that do not meet the specification, for internal and external use (to be sent to suppliers in the case of components)
- Stock quarantine (obsolete & poor quality)
- Strong IT literacy and ability to work with and typical business ERP/MRP systems
- Good communication skills and ability to work with both suppliers and colleagues effectively
- Customer centric mindset
- Quality mindset
- Pragmatic approach to solving day to day problems and prioritising work associated with their role
- Keen eye for detail
Knowledge and experience
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following experience:
- Understanding of production environments and the critical role quality inspection plays.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and materials to enable understanding of appropriate quality of finish, accuracy of machining and other factors associated with quality of parts to look for when performing goods in inspection.
- 2+ years in a quality inspector, or similar role, in a production environment.
- Capability to read Engineering drawings and identify critical measurements and criteria to check against in the drawing.
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering desired.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.