The position - Production Technician (in South Oxfordshire)
We are looking for someone to join our growing production team at an exciting time in our organisation’s history. Due to high growth, we have decided to expand our production team by recruiting a production technician to help assemble and test our products.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees. There are options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
The main areas of responsibility for our Product Technician will include:
- Building, inspecting, and testing sub-assemblies and final assembly of our radar products.
- Maintaining records of production work undertaken.
- Packaging of radars for shipment.
- Maintaining the workshop environment.
- Able to take initiative and contribute positively without prompting.
- Pragmatic approach to solving day to day problems and prioritising work associated with their role.
- Strong communicator, able to work well within a production team.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Highly practical person, skilled technician
Other role specific requirements include:
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20kg independently.
- IT literacy
- Right to work in the UK.
Knowledge and experience
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following experience:
- 2+ years in a production technician, or similar role, in a production environment
- Understanding of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and ability to follow work instructions and test processes in a production environment
- Quality experience beneficial
- Electronics experience beneficial
- HNC, or equivalent, beneficial in a STEM area (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths)
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.