The position - Production Technician (in South Oxfordshire)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician within the Production Department.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be responsible for building and testing industrial radar systems to required quality standards and achieving production targets.
We have created a great culture at Navtech with a high-tech entrepreneurial feel and are looking for an open, friendly, hardworking person who will fit in. Navtech proudly maintains a positive work environment with regular social activities and events. Being a small business, teamwork is a key aspect to our dynamic.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme. Our offices are located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, easily commutable from Oxford, Newbury, and Swindon.
- Building and testing industrial radar systems in line with the production schedule.
- Recording build and test information using in-house software and handwritten route cards.
- Initial fault investigation related to build and component quality.
- Feeding back build and design issues to the Engineering department.
- Meticulous approach to quality, following build and test instructions accurately and consistently with a 'right first time' attitude.
- Lots of energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude required, with the ability to work quickly and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills are required, with the ability to produce or maintain production quality management documents and provide reports to the Production Manager.
Required knowledge and experience:
- HNC, higher qualification or technical apprenticeship in Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Experience in a production role in a low volume, high value manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with handling electronic components and soldering.
- IT literacy required, use of Microsoft office suite, windows-based applications and web-based applications.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world leading innovator and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection. Navtech Radar has harnessed the power of the latest technology for commercial radar applications at a fraction of the cost, and above industry standards.
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, Navtech Radar has earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital. Navtech Radar’s policy for strategic development and expansion has achieved exceptional results and we are now seeking experienced and motivated staff to continue this growth.
Our work headquarters
Navtech Radar is based in the picturesque village of Ardington just outside Wantage, Oxfordshire. The office is very close to Didcot which has excellent train links to London. The location is easily commutable from Oxford, Swindon and Newbury.
The office is a modern farm conversion and offers excellent facilities in a beautiful environment with plenty of space, including ample free parking.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech Radar, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We encourage social activities and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley.
Other benefits include a generous profit share bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.