The position - Personal Assistant to the Managing Director
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and experienced personal assistant/senior administrator to support the company throughout a period of maternity leave (April 2021 until the end of December 2021). This role will be supporting the Managing Director.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the business will be essential as the role will see you engaging with team leaders from a range of specialisms. The role will be diverse and wide-ranging.
At Navtech we care about our staff, our culture is developed by them, for them! We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel.
This a very varied, challenging a demanding role that would suit someone who has experience of working within a technical or engineering field due to the communications you will be dealing with. Of course, there is the normal diary management and fielding of calls to deal with, but the MD is not always there so you will need to be able to think on your feet, come to him with solutions rather than problems and learn to understand what is urgent and what can wait.
- ISO 9001 responsibilities, continual improvement and monitoring
- Contribution to the Company newsletter
- Regular reporting to your line manager in a suitable format
- Documentation of work processes
- Managing the MD’s diary, responding to emails, organising internal and external appointments
- Assisting the MD in managing any strategic and special projects; liaising with staff, suppliers and clients accordingly
- Compiling and preparing reports and presentations
- Helping with grant applications and managing the company interface to the funding organisation
- Helping organise events such as open days, staff events, key customer visits etc.
- Minute taking (particularly in weekly, quarterly and annual management meetings)
- Helping arrange travel and accommodation
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Excellent organisation skills, proactive, and goal-oriented.
- You will be expected to be proficient with technology and computer literate.
- Previous PA to MD experience
- Experience working in an engineering or scientific company would be beneficial
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a
bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.