The position - NPI Engineer
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and methodical engineer to join the New Product Introduction (NPI) team. In this new role you will be supporting new designs from development into production, including input into design for manufacture, creating and maintaining BOMs, build instructions, prototype parts procurement, early unit builds and production training and documentation.
The role will be reporting to the Senior NPI Engineer in the R&D team.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Our work headquarters
This role is based within our R and D team in our in the picturesque village of Ardington, South Oxfordshire. These offices are within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Regular travel to our modern manufacturing site on the newly developed Grove Business Park will be required, so personal transport is essential.
Our culture and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Support design in development with input for DFM.
- Creation and maintenance of Build Instructions.
- Creation and maintenance of Bill of Materials.
- Build cost reporting for forecast volumes.
- Procurement of parts for prototype and early unit builds.
- Management and scheduling of Alpha, Beta and Pre-production builds.
- Maintenance of build records.
- Primary and secondary supplier sourcing - you should expect some travel to visit suppliers.
- Full NPI documentation.
- Part maintenance within MRP system.
- Constructive feedback on early builds into design team.
- Training of Production Engineering team and Production staff on new designs.
- Undertake cost down activities where appropriate.
- Adhere to company and department processes.
- Contribute to continual improvement initiatives within the team.
- Able to deliver quality work under pressure.
- Able to confidently communicate and work effectively with people at all levels within the business.
- Keen problem solver with a focus on detail and documentation.
Knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of Electro-Mechanical systems with a technical qualification or equivalent experience in Electronics, Mechanics or Production Engineering.
- Experience in a low volume, high value manufacturing environment is highly valued.
- 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment including DFM.
This is a demanding, yet exciting role in a growing business, in which you can make a very large impact. The role also offers a good scope for personal growth and development.
Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
We are always looking for the right people so, even if you don’t feel that you tick every box, if you feel that the role and the company would be a good fit for you then please get in touch with us.
As well as competitive salary our other benefits include a generous profit share bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.