The position - Mechanical Engineer - Production (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar are looking for a quick-thinking Mechanical Engineer, to join an expanding Production Engineering team within a dynamic, high-tech and forward-thinking organisation. The ideal candidate will preferably have root knowledge in electro-mechanical systems and manufacturing techniques.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Further information: https://navtechradar.com/about/
Our work headquarters
Navtech Radar is based in the picturesque village of Ardington just outside Wantage, Oxfordshire. The office is very close to Didcot which has excellent train links to London. The location is easily commutable from Oxford, Swindon and Newbury.
The office is a modern farm conversion and offers excellent facilities in a beautiful environment with plenty of space, including ample free parking.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech Radar, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We encourage social activities and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them.
- Design for manufacture and test
- Ownership of current products from mechanical perspective, BOMs and revision management of parts
- Product improvement including, transition to medium and high-volume manufacturing techniques, cost down activities
- Obsolescence management
- Efficiency improvements including test jigs and fixture designs
- Primary point of contact for mechanical design and test production support
- Mechanical route cause analysis of failure problem investigation and resolution
- Small scale part production and part modification on CNC machine
- The team uses a range of 3D CAD/CAM suits (Solidworks and Autodesk), alongside CNC machinery
Through support from the team and training, we will help our team to develop new skills and enhance existing ones. Unlike larger companies we can offer you exposure to all our development technologies including a close working relationship with our hardware, software and production engineers.
- You will need to be an energetic individual who is used to consistently delivering quality work under pressure
- This is a demanding, yet exciting role in a growing business, in which you can make a very large impact
- The role also offers a good scope for personal growth and development
- Candidates should have a good understanding of how to produce reliable/manufacturable designs with consistent product performance over life expectancy
Knowledge and experience:
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following experience:
- You must have an appropriate technical degree or higher with a solid mathematical background.
- A strong track record of mechanical Engineering is preferred, including proficient design knowledge and a strong understanding of GD&T.
- Competent user of Solidworks
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.