The position - Management Accountant (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Management Accountant to support the company through ongoing growth. You will provide key support within the finance team and to the wider business by delivering excellent service.
If you are currently studying towards ACCA or CIMA and are looking to take the next step, this role is for you. We will support you during your training to get qualified and grow and develop with us.
The role will be reporting to the Financial Controller.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focused staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
As our Management Accountant your role will be varied and fast paced, and you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Acting as a “Business Partner” to the Production and R&D departments and be the main point of contact for all operational finance queries
- Preparing and understanding departmental forecasts and reporting on variance analysis
- Analysing financial information to assist business profitability and growth
- Preparing and reporting on R&D project expenditure including Grant funded projects
- Supporting the year-end audit process
- Balance Sheet reconciliations including R&D capitalisation and stock management
- Assistance with budget preparation, including liaising with stakeholders
- Supporting the year-end audit process
You should be part qualified (either ACCA or CIMA) and keen to develop in your profession
- At least 1 year’s work experience in a finance department. Ideally with experience of a manufacturing environment
- Ideal qualifications would be a university graduate with a good standard (2:1 or above) relevant degree. Non-graduate candidates will also be considered where they have a proven record working in the industry, and excellent academics
- IT/PC proficient with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- You will have a high level of analytical skills and attention to detail
- Keen, being eager to learn and committed to becoming a qualified accountant, requiring considerable study outside of work
- Self-starter, able to both take direction and initiative
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work in a demanding environment with high expectations
- A team player who will work with the other members of the team to achieve common objectives
- Willing to learn and challenge methods in which processes are currently performed
As well as a competitive salary and very generous bonus scheme we are offering a study package with this role. We will fund your course and exams and will give you paid time off so that you can take the time needed to achieve your qualification.