The position - highways project engineer (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions, with innovation and customer focus at its core. A growing company with unrivalled levels of knowledge and experience, and an unquenchable passion to innovate, Navtech is looking for exceptional talent to expand its team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Project Engineer to join the Highways Project Delivery team. You will be responsible for leading the successful implementation of our cutting edge, high value, radar based, automatic incident detection systems across the world. You will have a passion to solve customers’ problems by the application of our technology and thrive on the mix of customer facing work (on site and in project meetings) and working “hands on” with our systems hardware and software.
The Highways engineering team is also involved in many other aspects across the company including presales technical support, 2nd & 3rd line support for in service systems, validation and verification of new software and hardware as well as involvement in the development of new products and features.
Experience of radar is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided. The role will be based at our offices in Ardington, Oxfordshire but depending on your specific project role, you could spend approximately 25% of your time traveling around the world.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Planning, implementing and reporting on the progress of Highways projects (including on site) to meet the project requirements. This includes production of project documentation and reports, planning, system commissioning, system optimisation, configuration, acceptance testing, and customer operations & maintenance training
- Systems performance analysis, diagnosing problems and proposing and/or implementing rectification action
- Coordinating problem resolution with engineering, software and customer support
- Assisting the Product Development Team with field testing of new products
- Assisting the Sales Team In performing customer demonstrations and site surveys
- Liaising with clients to identify project requirements as well as designing technical solutions in accordance to those
- Working individually or as a team to submit technical sales and/or tender documentation to various project stakeholders in accordance to project requirements and/or tender specifications, policies and procedures
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, high level of integrity and the ability to liaise confidently with the customer in a high-pressure environment
- Good organisational skills, ability to plan own work in conjunction with team members and customers
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Aptitude for quickly learning new software tools and hardware systems
- Attention to detail and good written communication skills
- Good oral presentation skills
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 5 years engineering experience in a project environment and customer facing role highly desirable
- Proven "hands-on" practical experience highly desirable
- Educated to HNC Level or higher in an engineering subject (Experience can be considered in place of qualifications)
- Excellent IT skills: Good networking skills, Windows, PC hardware, command line, working knowledge of linux based systems
- Valid British Or EU Passport or residency