The position - Junior Finance Business Partner (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented Junior Finance Business Partner to support the company through ongoing growth. This new role within the company will act as level of support to the Finance Director and Financial Controller.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the business will be essential as the role will see you engaging with team leaders from a range of specialisms. The role will be diverse and wide-ranging, taking responsibility for the interactions between the Finance team and the Production and R&D departments.
The role will be reporting to the Financial Controller for day-to-day operations.
Acting as a business partner to the production and R&D departments, you will be their key contact for any financial queries, issues, and support. You will take responsibility for all associated balance sheet and P&L accounts to ensure accuracy and report on performance and insights. A key part of this role is building relationships with internal customers and maintaining a commercial outlook.
You will assist in developing meaningful analysis to the business, to assist them in meeting their goals, both regular and ad-hoc in nature. You will need to be able to identify potential improvements and issues then develop and present viable solutions.
- Ownership of the relevant Balance Sheet & P&L account
- Project accounting, including capitalisation and amortisation schedules.
- Regular monitoring and reporting of departmental budgets and expenditure forecasting.
- Reporting on development project performance, including ROI analysis.
- Monitoring stock valuation, providing independent stock check support.
- Monitoring the average costing of part
- Support on Fixed Assets, prepayments, accruals, etc
- Support the reporting of Month-end and Year-end financial reporting
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with managers at all levels
- Act as a link between finance and production / R&D
- Lead the development of monthly and annual financial metrics, alongside financial planning, forecasting and analytical models for the relevant departments.
- Support process optimisation as well as aiding the creation of new procedures
- Define and promote business improvements to drive efficiencies
- Other ad hoc support as and when necessary
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world leading innovator and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection. Navtech Radar has harnessed the power of the latest technology for commercial radar applications at a fraction of the cost, and above industry standards.
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, Navtech Radar has earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital. Navtech Radar’s policy for strategic development and expansion has achieved exceptional results and we are now seeking experienced and motivated staff to continue this growth.
Further information: https://navtechradar.com/about/
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Relevant degree or AAT (or similar) qualified.
- Excellent organisation skills, proactive, and goal oriented.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritise a changing workload and use initiative
- Good communication skills with the ability to present complex financial information to non-financial individuals
- Strong analytical skills
- You will be expected to be proficient with technology and computer literate.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.