The position - Junior Engineer (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions, with innovation and customer focus at its core. A growing company with unrivalled levels of knowledge and experience, and an unquenchable passion to innovate, Navtech is looking for exceptional talent to expand its team.
We have multiple opportunities available for Junior Engineers to join our expanding Highways Project Delivery team. You will be responsible for working with the lead project engineers to implement our cutting edge, high value, radar based, automatic incident detection systems across the world. You will be responsible for your own individual work packages within the scope of the overall projects. These could include tasks such as on-site commissioning of our radar sensors with our partners in tunnels and highways around the world, system setup for factory acceptance testing through to analysing the performance of our newly installed systems.
The Highways engineering team is also involved in many other aspects across the company including presales technical support, validation and verification of new software and hardware, 2nd & 3rd line support for in service systems as well as involvement in the development of new products and features.
Experience of radar is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided. The role will be based at our offices in Ardington, Oxfordshire but depending on the specific projects, you could spend approximately 25% of your time traveling around the world.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Key member of our team which implements our Highways solutions (including on site) to meet the project requirements. This includes producing project documentation and reports, system commissioning, system optimisation, configuration, acceptance testing, and customer operations and maintenance training
- Systems performance analysis, diagnosing problems and proposing/implementing rectification action
- Assisting the Product Development Team with field testing of new products
- Assisting the Sales Team in performing customer demonstrations and site surveys
- Working as a team to submit technical sales and/or tender documentation in accordance with project requirements and/or tender specifications
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good organisational skills, ability to plan own work in conjunction with team members and customers
- Good communications skills to be able to effectively work on customer sites
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Aptitude for quickly learning new software tools and hardware systems
- Attention to detail and good written communication skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Passion for application of technology to solve problems
- Educated to HNC Level or higher in an engineering subject – alternatively experience can be considered in place of qualifications
- Good IT skills: Basic network trouble shooting, good Microsoft Windows knowledge, basic command line, Excel.
- Valid British Or EU Passport or residency