The position - Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Segment Leader
Navtech Radar is looking for a highly experienced, customer focused and talented Segment Leader with technical, commercial and leadership experience. You’ll be curious by nature and ready to challenge, work in partnership with our customers and the wider Navtech Team with the ultimate goal of delivering the potential growth opportunity your segment has to offer. We’re a highly collaborative business and you’ll interact with all areas of the business, drawing on resource and experience to realise this goal. This role will have responsibility for strategic planning, solution (hardware, software & service) roadmap, demand generation and execution of the plan.
The role will report to the Marketing & Commercial Director
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in the picturesque village of Ardington, South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury, and Oxford.
You will live within commutable distance of the office with the expectation that most of your time will be in the office or out in the market meeting with existing and new customers.
Our culture and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends, and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking, and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
The Segment Leader is accountable for the Segment Strategy; focused on identifying, anticipating, and satisfying our customer’s requirements profitably, utilising the wider Navtech team effectively in order to execute the plan and achieve the goals.
- Aligns with Senior Leadership on overall business strategy, objectives and goals.
- Develop and execute the Segment strategy, including goals and objectives, that generate demand and drive growth.
- Drive innovation, agility and momentum throughout segment actions and activities.
- Ensure that the segment has adequate and suitable resources to achieve its objectives (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.).
- Ownership of all market/customer facing activities within the Segment, driving growth and realisation of the pipeline.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the entire Business Segment including direct line reports internally and functional reports within other teams.
- Prepares performance reporting, budgets, and communicates effectively with the wider organisation.
- Ownership of the current product range including identification of next generation requirements, PLC (product lifecycle) management, market positioning & value proposition, new business models to exceed financial KPI’s (margin growth, revenue growth, price yield).
- Thought leadership: Understand the industry, market requirements (apparent and latent), trends and competitor landscape, translating this into actions that enable Navtech to lead and influence the market.
- Drive the successful launch and adoption of new solutions through effective GTM (go to market) planning and execution in conjunction with the wider teams.
- Identification of OEM, acquisition, convergence, and collaboration opportunities to bring new products and solutions into the range.
You need to be able to work at a technical level, have a high level of commercial acumen, and be open-minded to ideas from all sources. Above all you need to be a great communicator, you will create a compelling vision for your Segment and solutions, and then transmit it throughout the business, at all levels, ultimately influencing the market to adopt Navtech Radar solutions.
1. Experience in managing and developing high performing cross functional teams, offering training, coaching, and mentoring.
2. An energetic, hard-working self-starter, with the personal credibility commensurate with the importance of the role.
3. Demonstrates technical, commercial and business acumen.
4. Have the ability to challenge the status quo whilst fostering inclusion.
5. A natural team player, with the ability to communicate across a wide range of disciplines and seniorities.
6. Ability and willingness to travel internationally to ensure market insight reflects regional requirements and differences.
7. Customer focus; provide a world-class service to both internal and external customers. You will be the ‘voice of the customer’ within Navtech Radar.