The position - embedded system engineer
Due to recent rapid growth and upcoming major new projects, we are looking to expand our Service Operations Team with a talented Infrastructure and Business Applications Support Engineer.
Your role will involve providing operational support to enterprise environments that runs 24/7. You will collaborate with Service Operations Engineers to maintain remote support to the infrastructure and applications hosted within Navtech’s Radar Solutions, BAU activities, non BAU activities, Incident, Change and Problem Management.
Additionally, you will work on developing a range of monitoring tools to capture known issues in order to raise relevant service tickets and reports. The customers you will be supporting span the globe and use our solutions to address a wide range of business challenges. Regardless of whether that challenge is related to security, transport or industrial automation, for all of our customers #safetyiseverything.
It is a demanding and rewarding role that comes with an element of leadership responsibilities and individual accountability. As with all our hires, we are looking to employ someone who has the potential to grow alongside the Company.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in the picturesque village of Ardington, South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Provide support for infrastructure monitoring and reporting
- Develop tooling to: monitor radar system and raise proactive service tickets, monitor radar systems for known issues and proactively implement predetermined corrective action, monitor and generate alarm management performance reports.
- Collect pertinent information, investigate, triage and support internal teams in the resolution of customer related issues.
- Maintain a sense of ownership of the issue throughout its lifecycle, even when actions may be required by other teams.
- Adhere to agreed documented processes and working agreements with other teams for the resolution of customer issues.
- Achieve agreed team and individual Key Performance Objectives.
- Develop knowledge of the different way customers use the Navtech solutions.
- Develop and maintain sufficient in-depth technical knowledge of the AdvanceGuard and ClearWay applications, and Navtech’s radars to enable you to quickly resolve customer issues.
- Use a variety of software tools to accomplish support tasks and resolve customer issues.
Knowledge of Radar and Radar systems is not required as full training will be provided.
- Ability to take own responsibility for a task and deliver it.
- Self-aware; willing to ask for help. Recognise when you have a gap in your knowledge.
- Ability to liaise confidently with stakeholders in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-starter, interested in learning.
- Are customer focused.
- Will follow established best practice processes.
- Ability to make logical conclusions based on observed evidence.
- Ability to manage expectations during the resolution of an issue.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Extensive Linux and/or Windows scripting (Powershell) experience.
- Working knowledge of command line diagnostic tools such as SSH, telnet and trace route
- Troubleshooting Network Connections
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in an infrastructure and applications support environment.
- BSc Degree or equivalent experience that required technical analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme (eligible after 12 months of service).
- Holiday Loyalty Scheme.
- Pension Contributions.
- Easily commutable from Reading, Oxford, Swindon and Newbury.
- Free Parking.
This role will require the succesful candidate to undertake a pre-employment background screening check (either Basic DBS or BPSS).