The position - Industrial Automation Marketing Manager (in South Oxfordshire)
Due to recent rapid growth and the speed of Innovation in the field of Industrial Automation and Autonomous Vehicles, Navtech Radar is looking for an exceptional talent to define and implement the marketing strategies and content for this segment of the business.
You will be embedded into the Industrial Automation team, working alongside the Sector Head of Sales and Sector Head of Product management as well as having a direct link to the Marketing and Commercial Director.
In this newly created role, you will focus on developing the market position of Radar sensors for Industrial applications. You will plan and execute the marketing campaigns, drive top of the funnel sales leads, run product launch activities as well as grow and engage our audience readership.
The markets we work in are fast paced, which means we are looking for someone who is flexible, creative, innovative, adaptable to change and has a desire to be an expert at understanding our markets and customer needs.
This is a new role within the department, which provides a great opportunity for the ideal candidate to build an exciting career, make a large impact and grow alongside the company.
To be successful in this role you will need to have marketing and events experience. They will also have strong attention to detail and writing skills, as well as being used to working with key stakeholders.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance, Autonomous Vehicles and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
job summary / purpose
In this role you will develop the department’s marketing strategy and promote the IA solutions, utilising the whole of the marketing mix, planning, executing and measuring targeted marketing campaigns to generate leads.
Campaign planning and execution
- Creating a growth-based marketing campaign plan in close collaboration with the product management and sales team.
- Executing campaigns to have maximum impact by timing product releases and seasonal events at the right time for the industry.
Communicating the value proposition
- Audience segmentation and profiling
- Gathering and generating assets and content that communicate the value proposition and key messages for the solution. E.G Animations, Videos
- Producing materials such case studies, white papers, landing pages, brochures and presentations and gaining approval from all stakeholders.
- Repurposing content into different formats to maximise reuse.
- Brand ambassador – ensuring design, imagery and content are aligned to brand guidelines and messaging matrix.
- Build partner relationships to produce joint marketing material and PR opportunities
Product, feature and solution launches
- Owning the segment communications calendar, coordinating activities across the business to ensure products, features and solutions are launched with maximum impact.
- Running product launch activities including delivering online events, creating landing pages, email marketing, social media invites and other methods of encouraging participation.
- Defining and scoping Events and Exhibitions – ensuring all events are aligned to a campaign and value proposition.
- Advertising and PR - building contact lists of industry influencers, establishing relationships with online and offline publications in key markets. Engaging with the audience by creating press releases, website content and social posts.
Ownership of the audience and marketing data
- Building a rich database – ensuring all contacts are added to Epicor with relevant tags so they can be segmented.
- Measuring and reporting – creating live KPI reports that demonstrate progress against targets and feeding back progress to the rest of the management team and business.
- Establish and manage the segment marketing budget
- Communicate: Provide regular updates across the business including project updates, upcoming plans and market insights
- The duties listed are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time as dictated by the changing needs of the business.
- The post holder may be required to work at any of the locations at which the business of Navtech Radar is conducted
- The ability to communicate at multiple levels with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- An appetite for continuous improvement and a self-started drive is essential.
- Excellent organization skills, resourcefulness and outstanding written communication.
- You will be expected to be extremely proficient with technology and computer literate as the majority of your work will be done digitally.
Knowledge & experience
- BA or equivalent in Marketing, Business Studies or relevant degree
- 3-5 years' experience in marketing and digital marketing, ideally in a business to business high-technology or industrial markets
- Experience with content management systems, various social media platforms, Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office.
1. Customer focus - The client is at the heart of everything we do.
2. Live the culture - We give back, share knowledge, are approachable and treat others with respect
3. Provide solutions, not problems – We keep a proactive, can-do attitude that finds practical solutions for our clients, partners, teams and organisation.
4. Go above and beyond - We exceed expectations and never lose sight of how our decisions may affect our teams, suppliers, partners and clients.
5. Do the right thing - We’re never short-term in our thinking. Our focus is always on what’s best for clients, partners and people.
6. Always innovating and improving – Innovation is in our DNA, it’s what drives us in every aspect of our work — from products and processes through to service and support.
7. Responsible for results – If we say we are going to do something, then we do it and do it brilliantly.
Salary will be dependent on candidate and skills.
Other benefits include a bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.