The position - HR Generalist
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and experienced HR professional to support the company through ongoing growth. This new role within the company will act as a partner to the business and support the management team through the full employee lifecycle.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the business will be essential as the role will see you engaging with team leaders from a range of specialisms. The role will be diverse and wide-ranging, seeing you executing the recruitment strategy, advising on employee engagement and retention, and taking responsibility for the HR administration.
The role will be reporting to the Finance Director for day-to-day operations and will see you working closely with the Managing Director to develop and execute the talent management strategy.
The role will see overall accountability for the HR function within the company, and therefore have the responsibility to empower and support the management team through the employee lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Support team leaders with the recruitment process, including advising on sourcing and screening of candidates.
- Develop innovative recruitment strategy to attract the best talent for the business at all levels.
- Prepare and administer all employee offer letters, employment contracts and contract changes.
- Support with on-boarding, off-boarding, absence management, probationary periods, employee queries, maternity, paternity and adoption requests.
- Implement all required administration, policies, procedures, and communication for the employee lifecycle, including accurate and timely maintenance of all HR systems and records.
- Work in partnership with team leaders and Managers to provide solutions, guidance and advice on all HR and people matters, including employee engagement and retention strategies.
- Provide expert advice to management on employment-related queries, including performance, grievance and disciplinary matters.
- Oversee attendance and absence monitoring
- Assess training needs and provide guidance to team leaders and Managers on training requirements across the business
- Maintain up to date knowledge of employment law and compliance requirements to provide the necessary advice to the company.
- Administration with our external provider on payroll, compensation, benefits and pension schemes
- Alongside the Financial Director, develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the business
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Relevant degree & Level 5 (or higher) CIPD qualified.
- Previous experience in a senior role providing generalist guidance in an SME.
- Excellent organisation skills, proactive, and goal-oriented.
- You will be expected to be proficient with technology and computer literate.
- Ambition and drive to grow within the Company
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a
bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.