The position - Highways Project Engineer (in South Oxfordshire)
We have two exciting opportunities for Project Engineers to join the Highways Project Delivery team. The main responsibility of the Highways Delivery team is the management and delivery of cutting edge, high value, radar based automatic incident detection systems, used to enhance the safety and efficiency of roads and tunnels across the world.
The Highways engineering team is also involved in many other aspects across the company including presales technical support, 2nd line support for in service systems, validation and verification of new software and hardware as well as involvement in the development of new products and features.
Experience of radar is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided. The role will be based at our offices in Ardington, Oxfordshire but depending on your specific project role, you could spend approximately 25% of your time traveling around the world.
- Planning, implementing and reporting on the progress of Highways projects (including on site) to meet the project requirements. This includes production of project documentation and reports, planning, system commissioning, system optimisation, configuration, acceptance testing, and customer operations & maintenance training. This is normally performed alongside a systems integration company.
- Systems performance analysis, diagnosing problems and proposing/implementing rectification action.
- Coordinating problem resolution with engineering, software and customer support.
- Assisting the Product Development Team with field testing of new products
- Assisting the Sales Team In performing customer demonstrations and site surveys
- Liaising with clients to identify project requirements as well as designing technical solutions in accordance to those.
- Working individually or as a team to submit technical sales and/or tender documentation to various project stakeholders in accordance to project requirements and/or tender specifications, policies and procedures.
- Critical thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, high level of integrity and the ability to liaise confidently with the customer in a high-pressure environment.
- Good organisational skills, ability to plan own work in conjunction with team members and customers
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Aptitude for quickly learning new software tools and hardware systems
- Attention to detail and good written communication skills
- Good oral presentation skills
- At least 2 years engineering experience in a project environment and customer facing role highly desirable
- Proven "hands-on" practical experience highly desirable
- Educated to HNC Level or higher in an engineering subject. (Experience can be considered in place of qualifications)
- Good IT skills, Windows, networks, basic trouble shooting.
- Valid British Or EU Passport or residency.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world leading innovator and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection. Navtech Radar has harnessed the power of the latest technology for commercial radar applications at a fraction of the cost, and above industry standards.
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, Navtech Radar has earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital. Navtech Radar’s policy for strategic development and expansion has achieved exceptional results and we are now seeking experienced and motivated staff to continue this growth.
Our work headquarters
Navtech Radar is based in the picturesque village of Ardington just outside Wantage, Oxfordshire. The office is very close to Didcot which has excellent train links to London. The location is easily commutable from Oxford, Swindon and Newbury.
The office is a modern farm conversion and offers excellent facilities in a beautiful environment with plenty of space, including ample free parking.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech Radar, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We encourage social activities and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley.
Other benefits include a generous profit share bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.