The Position - Hardware Test Engineer
We are looking for an Electronics and System Test Engineer to join the Hardware Team in Research and Development. The principal responsibility of the role is working closely with our team of design engineers to test and qualify new radar products. The Hardware Test Engineer is a critical role in the department since through discussion with the wider project team, the Test Engineer confirms that the design has passed a set of tests and the design is fit to progress to the next stage of its development.
Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided. The role will be based at our offices in Ardington, but you should expect some travel to support system testing at local sites and certification testing at third party test houses.
Any member of our team, regardless of age or experience, is expected to drive change and contribute to the continuous improvement of our products and processes. We have a proud history of engineering excellence and we hinge our reputation on the quality of our products.
To fit into the environment, you will need to be an energetic individual who is used to consistently delivering quality work under pressure. This is a demanding, yet exciting role in a small business environment, in which you can make a large impact. The role also offers a good scope for personal growth and development.
Company Overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Our Work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our Culture and Benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Carry out Design Verification Testing for new PCBs, during all stages of the design and development process. This will involve confirming the design meets the original specification and works over operating extremes, e.g. of temperature and supply voltage.
- Perform System Level Testing on new radar designs. This will involve confirming the radar meets the original performance specification and operates successfully in a real-world environment.
- Assist with Pre and Full Compliance testing of new designs, including EMC, Radio, Vibration and Safety regulatory testing.
- Document all testing to ensure good records are kept against hardware/software versions.
- Contribute Design for Test ideas into new designs.
- Ideally a degree level or equivalent experience with a solid electronics background.
- A strong track record of testing from system down to component level.
- Experience of environmental and regulatory testing is expected.