The Position - European Business Development Manager (Highways)
Navtech Radar is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions, with innovation and customer focus at its core. A growing company with unrivalled levels of knowledge and experience, and an unquenchable passion to innovate, Navtech is looking for exceptional talent to expand its team.
Due to strong growth and ambitious plans, we are looking for a European Business Development Manager to drive our Highways business across mainland Europe.
This newly created role will have a high level of autonomy. You will be expected to create and execute on your business plan for the region.
You will relish being a key part of a small, friendly team where you can make an impact, so a willingness to roll up your sleeves and contribute is fundamental.
You will be evangelising a market-leading product, supported by a talented team of engineers. Your ability to understand the customer’s problems, as well as uncover the needs of each of the stakeholders, then present the relevant benefits of our ClearWay solutions is vital.
A background in and enthusiasm for technology sales is important. Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
Regular travel (approx. 25%) is part of the role, so language skills and experience selling internationally is desirable.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Prioritise geographical and vertical markets
- Map plans and build an opportunity pipeline for smart-motorways, bridges & tunnels over next 2-5 years
- Plan for shows & conference attendance
- Identify and recruit a network of consultants, end-customers and integrators
- Network across industry bodies and highway authorities
- Build a business case for product development and new solutions where appropriate
- Execute on the plan, working with consultants, highways authorities and partners to evangelise the benefits of our solution in the region and ensure we are included in tests and tenders
- Identify, recruit and nurture relationships with key partners to address the market
- Win smart motorway / tunnel / bridge projects
- Negotiate large commercial contracts
- Achieve your revenue and profit goals
We require a senior sales professional with 10+ years’ experience of technical business-to-business sales, working with customers at a director level. Ideally this will include:
- 2+ years as a Sales Manager or Channel/Distribution Manager
- 3+ years in a field sales and/or product support experience dealing with the end-customer.
- Experience selling outside the UK
Other key skills for the role include:
- University Degree in either Engineering or Business Management desirable
- Ability in German, Italian or French languages desirable
- A technical background desirable e.g. software engineering / electrical engineering
- Integrity & professionalism
- Diligent with high standards
- Excellent communicator
- Building partnerships & managing conflict
- Team player
- Takes initiative
- Problem solver
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.