The position - Enhanced Services Engineer
Navtech Radar is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions, with innovation and customer focus at its core. A growing company with unrivalled levels of knowledge and experience, and an unquenchable passion to innovate, Navtech is looking for exceptional talent to expand its team.
Due to recent rapid growth an exciting opportunity for an Enhanced Services Engineer has arisen to join the Customer Service team at Navtech. This is a senior technical role that comes with an element of leadership and managerial responsibilities. Ideally, we are looking to employ someone who has the potential to grow either within this role or other roles within Navtech.
This demanding and rewarding role reports to the Head of Customer Services and requires high standards of customer facing skills, technical aptitude, organisation, and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the enhanced post-project service to several named ClearWay™ customer accounts. A responsibility that will require a high degree of professional interaction with individuals across all organisations within the delivery chain, to be an advocate for Navtech in all those interactions and be an advocate for the named customers within Navtech.
You will be joining at an exciting time, at the start of many major new projects and will have an exceptional opportunity to contribute to the continued growth of the company as well as further develop your career.
The work will be challenging and fast paced. You will need to be a self-starter and consistently motivated to produce work of the highest quality. You must be confident interfacing with colleagues, customers, partners and suppliers to get things done and will work diligently with limited support. You will have a technical aptitude and ability to understand how technology can be effectively applied to different applications.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Join our creative team dedicated to working for a world leading innovator, and multi-award- winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation, to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Our systems (software and hardware) are all designed and developed here at Navtech.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
- Managing all aspects of the enhanced service through to completion, within the agreed service levels, and as required liaising with colleagues
- Manage the warranty service repair process for priority returns of hardware, ensuring that all repairs are successfully completed within the time limits specified within the service agreement
- Generate repair quotes for faults that fall outside the hardware warranty agreement, again within the time limits specified within the service agreement
- Manage firmware updates for all radar sensors under maintenance
- Delivery of 2nd Line Site and Configuration Support, and management of triage to 3rd Line Support
- Alarm Rate Management Reporting
- Weekly monitoring and reporting on nuisance alarms, detection rates, system alarms
- Recommendations of site configuration changes to maintain optimal overall system performance
- Management of post event analysis
- Reporting on and reviewing, with each customer, Navtech’s actual performance against the targets specified within the service agreement
- Deputising for the Head of Customer Services during absence
- Being a ClearWay™ product expert on all currently supported hardware and software to manage all customer technical queries
- Rectifying any issues with system configuration on deployed sites for systems under maintenance agreement or warranty
- Maintaining the required elements within the internal systems provided to support the delivery of the enhanced service. This will include, but is not limited to, keeping high quality notes with root cause analysis of any issues or changes to customer sites
- Strong leadership skills
- Critical thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, high level of integrity and the ability to liaise confidently with the customer in a high-pressure environment
- Good organisational skills, ability to plan own work in conjunction with team members and customers
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Aptitude for quickly learning new software tools and hardware systems
- Attention to detail and good written communication skills
- Good oral presentation skills
Knowledge and Experience
- A customer focused leader with a proven track record of success.
- 2+ years’ experience in a management role
- At least 5 years engineering experience in a project environment and customer facing role
- 2+ years’ experience working with IT equipment, server configuration and internal support role
- Proven "hands-on" practical experience
- Educated to HNC Level or higher in an engineering subject. (Experience can be considered in place of qualifications)
- Willingness and ability to work in the field up to 25% percent of the time
- Excellent standard of IT skills, network equipment operation, windows and linux operating system and typical diagnostic tools such as SSH, telnet and command prompts
- Right to work within the UK
- Valid Passport
- Residency In UK
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a
bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.