The position - Electronics Engineer (in South Oxfordshire)
We are looking for a quick-thinking, methodical, Electronics Engineer, to join an expanding Production Engineering team within a dynamic, high-tech and forward-thinking organisation. The ideal candidate will preferably have root knowledge in Electronics, Test and Electro-Mechanical systems. They will be a keen problem solver with a focus on detail and high-quality reporting.
The applicant will be working closely with the Production team with a primary function of supporting existing and new designs through their manufacturing life cycle. Ensuring a high First Time Pass Yield, managing obsolescence as well as opportunity to lead iterative designs will be key aspects of this role. They will become a product expert on new designs coming from R&D and be responsible for training production assemblers, test and repair technicians as well as Sub-contract manufacturers where applicable.
Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided. The role will be based at our offices in Ardington, but you should expect some travel to support PCB production and testing at our suppliers and certification testing at third party test houses.
- Become a product expert in order to support/maintain/improve existing products using good engineering practices and regulatory standards.
- Support driving First Time Pass Yield (FTPY) to hit company targets
- Provide prompt technical support to production, including support for individual unit failures, either from the production line or with customer returns
- CAD updates including schematic capture, layout, prototyping and testing in order to maintain production designs, improve test capabilities or to reduce costs under R&D oversight.
- Obsolescence and second sourcing management of electronic components
- Design, build and document test jigs for production or subcontract manufacture use. Responsible for the deployment of test systems to subcontractor and provide support/training.
- Generate or update test/investigation reports and present to wider team.
- R&D support in order to understand new products before handover into production.
- Adhere to company and department processes
- Contribute to continual improvement initiatives within the team
To fit into the environment, you will need to be an energetic individual who is used to consistently delivering quality work under pressure. This is a demanding, yet exciting role in a growing business, in which you can make a very large impact. The role also offers a good scope for personal growth and development.
You must have appropriate technical qualifications, ideally degree level or equivalent experience in Electronics. A strong track record of design and/or testing, from system down to component level, including experience of environmental testing is expected.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world leading innovator and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection. Navtech Radar has harnessed the power of the latest technology for commercial radar applications at a fraction of the cost, and above industry standards.
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, Navtech Radar has earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital. Navtech Radar’s policy for strategic development and expansion has achieved exceptional results and we are now seeking experienced and motivated staff to continue this growth.
Further information: https://navtechradar.com/about/
Our work headquarters
Navtech Radar is based in the picturesque village of Ardington just outside Wantage, Oxfordshire. The office is very close to Didcot which has excellent train links to London. The location is easily commutable from Oxford, Swindon and Newbury.
The office is a modern farm conversion and offers excellent facilities in a beautiful environment with plenty of space, including ample free parking.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech Radar, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We encourage social activities and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them.
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a
bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.