The position - ELECTRONICS AND SYSTEM TEST ENGINEER
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and experienced Electronics and System Test Engineer to support the company through ongoing growth.
In this role you will be working closely with our team of design engineers to test and qualify new radar products, sub-systems and prepare testing processes for production.
Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in the picturesque village of Ardington, South Oxfordshire, within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
The role will be based at our offices in Ardington, but you should expect some travel to support system testing at local sites and certification testing at third party test houses.
Our culture and benefits
We help create the right environment for our dedicated staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
- Carry out Design Verification Testing for new PCBs, during all stages of the design and development process. This will involve confirming the design meets the original specification and works over operating extremes, e.g. of temperature and supply voltage.
- Perform System Level Testing on new radar designs. Confirming the radar meets the original performance specification and operates successfully in a real world environment.
- Carry out detailed testing on early R&D builds, providing full reporting of performance.
- Assist with Pre and Full Compliance testing of new designs, including EMC, Radio, Vibration and Safety regulatory testing.
- Contribute Design for Test ideas into new designs.
- Electronics diagnostics: Interpreting and debug down to component level.
- Mechanical assembly, soldering tasks (0603 components, test cables), wiring up test stations.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset - all members of our team, regardless of age or experience, are expected to drive change and contribute to the continuous improvement of our products and processes.
- Able to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Collaborative – happy to work in a team and share knowledge and experience.
- Detailed, methodical approach to testing, documentation and record keeping.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Technical qualifications, ideally degree level or equivalent experience with a solid electronics background.
- Strong track record of testing, from system down to component level, including experience of environmental and regulatory testing.
- Confident user of standard lab equipment such as power supply DMM, oscilloscope and spectrum analyser.
- Proven track record of programming test scripts as you will be writing Python scripts for task automation with instruments / radar / lab equipment & for data presentation.
- Familiarity with SSH and command line interface and experience using Linux OS.
This is a demanding, yet exciting role in a small business environment, in which you can make a large impact. The role also offers a good scope for personal growth and development.
We are always looking for the right people so, even if you don’t feel that you tick every box, if you feel that the role and the company would be a good fit for you then please get in touch with us.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley.
Other benefits include a generous profit share bonus scheme, pension contributions and holiday loyalty scheme.