The position - European Business Development Manager (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is looking for a Business Development Manager to help us continue to drive growth in our Automated Incident Detection element of the business
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for building their own business plans and ultimately driving sales growth of our technical products. You will be evangelising a market-leading product, supported by a talented team of engineers. Your ability to understand the customer’s problems, as well as uncover the needs of each of the stakeholders, then present the relevant benefits of our ClearWay solutions is vital.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection. Navtech Radar has harnessed the power of the latest technology for commercial radar applications at a fraction of the cost, and above industry standards.
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, Navtech Radar has earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital. Navtech Radar’s policy for strategic development and expansion has achieved exceptional results and we are now seeking experienced and motivated staff to continue this growth.
Further information: https://navtechradar.com/about/
Our work headquarters
Our offices are nestled in a wonderfully tranquil AONB location, at the edge of Ardington in South Oxfordshire. We are within an easy commute from areas of Reading, Swindon, Newbury and Oxford.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We have plenty of free parking for our employees and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them!
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
You will be expected to create and execute on your business plan for the European region, including:
- Build and execute regional business development plans for our bespoke highways ClearWay product, including the prioritisation of geographical and vertical markets
- Set strategic business objectives to achieve company growth targets on an annual and quarterly basis and ensure progress is mapped and measured against those objectives
- Build an opportunity pipeline driving these to fruition, drawing on the relevant areas of the business to ensure success
- Recommend and plan for events, conferences, and webinars with the aim of sharing knowledge and generating demand
- Identify, recruit and nurture a network of channel partners, consultants, end-customers and integrators
- Network across industry bodies and highway authorities
- Provide customer and market knowledge to support the building of requirements for new solutions. Work with other company departments to build Go-to-market plans
- Execute on the business development plan. Work with consultants, highways authorities and partners to evangelise the benefits of our solutions to ensure radar capabilities are built into contract specifications
- Own tender responses, including any framework contract compilation, working with the Commercial Manager to negotiate and establish commercial agreements
- Create and own the Project Initiation Document (PID) for each tender
- Work with the Product Manager to create new business ventures and models
- Set and manage work plans for the Sales Executives
- Mentor and coach, the Sales Executives to become the future Business Development Managers
- Achieving revenue and profit goals
You will relish being a key part of a small, friendly team where you can make an impact, so a willingness to roll up your sleeves and contribute is fundamental.
- High levels of Integrity & professionalism
- Diligent with high standards
- Excellent communicator
- Great at building partnerships & managing conflict
- Team player
- Takes initiative
- Problem solver
Key skills and experience:
We require a senior sales professional with 10+ years’ experience of technical business-to-business sales, working with customers at a director level. Ideally this will include:
- 5+ years as a Sales Manager or Channel/Distribution Manager
- 5+ years in a field-sales and/or product support experience dealing with the end-customer
- Experience in the Traffic Management Industry
- Experience selling in the European region would be advantageous
- European language such as French or German are desirable but not essential for this role
- A strong background in and enthusiasm for technology sales is important
- Experience of radar technology is not necessary, as full product specific training will be provided
- A technical and/or engineering background, ideally with HND or equivalent in engineering
Salary will be dependent on candidate and skills.