The position - Applications Engineer (in South Oxfordshire)
Navtech Radar is looking for a talented and driven Applications Engineer (Autonomous Vehicles) to support the company through ongoing growth. This is both a highly customer focussed and technical role that comes with leadership responsibilities, also offering the opportunity for international travel. As with all our hires, we are looking to employ someone who has the potential to grow alongside the Company.
You will be reporting directly into the technical lead of the Autonomous Vehicles division at Navtech, as well as working closely with the head of customer support to ensure the best possible user experience, helping Navtech’s autonomous vehicles customers have a smooth journey from introduction of our technology to roll-out.
Company overview - Navtech Radar
Navtech Radar is a world leading innovator and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection. Navtech Radar has harnessed the power of the latest technology for commercial radar applications at a fraction of the cost, and above industry standards.
Renowned for investing heavily in innovation and R&D, Navtech Radar has earned an unrivalled reputation for products that are high performance, robust and extremely reliable. Our radar solutions are often used in mission critical applications where safety and security are vital. Navtech Radar’s policy for strategic development and expansion has achieved exceptional results and we are now seeking experienced and motivated staff to continue this growth.
Further information: https://navtechradar.com/about/
Our work headquarters
Navtech Radar is based in the picturesque village of Ardington just outside Wantage, Oxfordshire. The office is very close to Didcot which has excellent train links to London. The location is easily commutable from Oxford, Swindon and Newbury.
The office is a modern farm conversion and offers excellent facilities in a beautiful environment with plenty of space, including ample free parking.
Our culture and benefits
Here at Navtech Radar, we help create the right environment for our focussed staff by providing a flexible, fun, friendly, and family feel. We are dog friendly and enjoy family, friends and group events. We encourage social activities and provide you with options to join colleagues on lunchtime walks, biking and other pursuits. We care about our staff, in fact, our culture is developed by them, for them.
- Due to recent rapid growth and partnerships in the field of autonomous vehicles, Navtech is looking for exceptional talent to lead its customer-focused deployment team. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Applications Engineer to join our Autonomous Vehicle team to lead product demonstrations and ensure the process of integrating this technology into autonomy stacks is as smooth as possible.
- The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Becoming a hands-on expert in Navtech’s Radar Localisation product
- Be able to deliver world class product demonstrations and trials
- Produce analytical write-ups of trials
- Write reports, recording experimental data and presenting these results
- Set up and commission Navtech’s localisation technology for customers
- Support a customer in integrating radar localisation into their autonomy stack
- Provide 2nd line support to key customers and triage to 3rd Line Support where necessary
- Engage closely with partners and internal engineering teams
- Input into objective formation from customer insights
- Write reports, recording experimental data and presenting results
- Travel to customer sites for demos and support
- BSc Degree or higher in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to write simple computer programs (C++/python)
- Aptitude for quickly learning new software tools and hardware systems
- Writing reports and presenting results using Microsoft Office
- Ability to make logical conclusions based on experimental results
- Strong leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Ability to liaise confidently with the customer in a high-pressure environment
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to plan own work in conjunction with team members and customers
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Good oral presentation skills
Knowledge and Experience:
- Technical background in the field of autonomous vehicles
- Leadership experience
- Experience within a customer facing role supporting complex systems
- Experience as an engineer working with complex electrical systems
- Software experience – personal projects encouraged!
- Proven "hands-on" practical engineering experience
- Right to work within the UK
Salary will be competitive based on this type of role within the Thames Valley and we offer a bonus scheme, pension contributions, and a holiday loyalty scheme.